#ifdef __STDC__

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jun 3 21:28:30 PDT 2004

:	void
:	#ifdef __STDC__
:	message(int n, ...)
:	#else
:	message(n, va_alist)
:		int	n;
:		va_dcl
:	#endif
:	{
:
:At this point, I'm assuming we'll never be compiling without __STDC__,
:and that places where this show up can be cut down to that one case...
:I'm just looking for some verification on this.

    Yes, you can assume that we will always have '...'.

:On a similar strain, there're some files that were written to be
:cross-bsd, with conditionals testing for [Open,Net,Free]BSD[i] and
:versions thereof. Is it okay to reduce these as well, since i can't see
:any reason why these files would be dragged over?
:
:example, from sys/net/bpf.c
:
:	/*
:	 * Support for SunOS, which does not have tsleep.
:	 */
:	#if BSD < 199103
:	static
:	bpf_timeout(arg)
:	        caddr_t arg;
:	{
:...
:Thanks,
:Tim Wickberg
:me at xxxxxxxxxxx

    Yes, for anything that *ISN'T* third-party maintained code.  e.g. don't
    mess with stuff in contrib/ directories.  But setuff in net/, kern/,
    netinet/, etc....  those are fair game.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>