Porting /dev/random to DFly

William M. Grim wgrim at siue.edu
Wed Jun 2 17:06:46 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    I think this was answered already but the best thing to do is to
    build it as a module, which means that you don't have to mess around
    with conf/files.

    Instead what you do is hook dev/random into dev/Makefile.  Actually,
    what you really should do is probably put dev/random in the crypto
    subdirectory.  e.g. in the DFly tree call it dev/crypto/random
    and hook it into the dev/crypto/Makefile.
    If that isn't enough to get you started please feel free to ask
    me questions!
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for the tips.  Once I get past a build issue I'm having (I'm
trying to figure it out before asking), I can get to work.

Basically, I'm trying to build dfly from my home directory, using a
local CVS copy of it.  It breaks, but I'll try to figure out why before
mailing the list again.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

--Mike