Heads up: GCC 3.4

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Jun 21 07:44:10 PDT 2004

Hi all,
due to the hard work of Matt and myself, we now have GCC 3.4 in the tree.
You have to do a full buildworld cycle for the update, quickworld does
not work. You can use gcc34 for world compilation via environment or
"CCVER ?= gcc4" [!] in /etc/make.conf _after_ updating the first time.
We would like to get feedback for world and ports issues like normal.
The kernel compiliation might hit some issues with the unit-at-a-time
and other optimizations, so be careful.

GCC 3.3 is going to be removed for the release, so please TEST.

Joerg