wine running?

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Jul 13 07:13:36 PDT 2004

Yury Tarasievich wrote:
Is there any possibility of getting wine running?

Current wine-on-df build can't do "mmap of entire memory space" in
ntdll.dll.so, which is what not-so-current-(but post-20040615)-wine
does  on freebsd-4, I believe. Ktrace shows lots of failed attempts to
do mmap  with first arg incrementing up to 0xffff...something

Wine support is broken on freebsd-4 for rather long (in threads area I
guess) Perhaps the issue could be addressed with DF different (and
supposedly superiour :) threads subsystem? I'd like to offer some help
in  solving the matter but without at least some reading on subject I
wouldn't  even know where to start.

	I have never used Wine, but it needs a USER_LDT kernel config
	option in the kernel.  Maybe it is that you need, donno.
		-Hiten
		hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx