note: full buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel/installworld needed

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 29 02:23:37 PDT 2004

    A number of major structures have changed.  A full rebuild is needed
    if you want 'ps' to continue to work with newer kernels.  Also, a
    number of in-kernel APIs have changed so you need a full kernel build
    and install (kernel + modules) to guarentee compatibility between the
    modules and the kernel.  I tried to make things as backwards compatible
    as possible... but who knows.

    What is changing:  The mbuf interface is moving closer towards our
    goal of running the mbuf allocator under the slab allocator rather
    then as its own allocator.  The kernel threading system is being
    expanded somewhat to allow custom stack sizes to be specified (required
    for NDIS support).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>