ideas

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Wed Jul 28 10:36:19 PDT 2004

2) src tree
you can choose to enclose it in the ISO or put it online as a .tgz
However everyone who download the ISO would probably download the tarball too,
so I'm not sure that you'll save bandwidth. Also some newbies could use a
cvsup mirror to checkout the whole src tree and I don't think this is a good
thing.
Well, as I posted earlier, I have already made nightly snapshots of the
src+dfports trees aviable at http://dragon.BSDTech.com/DragonFly/

I can perfectly understand that people would rather have their first
checkout from a official DragonFly BSD site, because right now all the
mirrors are unofficial helpers.

Until someone makes it aviable on the master ftp site, I'm going to
provide the snapshots, as alot of users have been requesting them.

- Erik