nvidia pre-release drivers

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jul 20 07:13:05 PDT 2004

Emiel Kollof wrote:

> I just received them, the pre-release nvidia drivers. I'll report and ask
> to the list about any questions I might have. I haven't looked at them
> yet, I will tomorrow evening (GMT+2). Also NVIDIA wants feedback on how
> they can improve this driver for us (or make it easier to port, as long as
> it's not much trouble to do)

I'd ask about support for multihead machines and 3D acceleration.  It would
be so very nice to have all three of my work monitors accelerated in 2D and
3D.  This is nigh-impossible using XFree86 drivers unless you have a very
specific group of older cards.

It'd be so nice, in fact, that I'd disregard my existing investment in
several older and newer ATI cards and replace them with NVIDIA.