new mirror site

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Fri Jul 16 11:30:26 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:The main reason this was held off was because everybody kept saying it would
:interfere with Jeffrey Hsu's work.
:
:Jeff, what's in the pipeline for your network stuff?
:
:I know there's people who would want to use DF, but lack of altq and pf is
:keeping them away.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    (I know this is a somewhat old message).  I think work could be started
    on ALTQ and PF, though it is almost certain that both Jeff and I will have
    to mess with it later on when we start to remove the BGL from the network
    stack.
	For what it's worth, whatever changes that are made when we
	remove the BGL will apply to the ipfw code.  The same techniques
	can be replicated for PF too, so it is not going to be majorly
	hard once IPFW is made to work with an unwound network stack.
				-Hiten