DragonFly-1.0 RELEASED!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 13 10:12:54 PDT 2004

:=2E.. it will be more work for DF/FreeBSD4 as there have been some modifica=
:tions=20
:to the mbuf API that must not be forgotten about. The big issue for FreeBSD=
:4:=20
:"pfil_hooks" are taken care of (done by myself, committed by asmodai w/o=20
:credits), but there is still way to go.

    Actually, the mbuf API is going to have to be rewritten pretty much
    completely.  FreeBSD-5 moved to a slab-allocator supported mbuf allocator
    and we are going to the same thing, albeit in a somewhat different way.

    The visible API should be almost the same, though, so I don't expect
    that to create any new issues.