usb printers

M. Schatzl lists at neuronenwerk.de
Sun Jul 11 13:02:33 PDT 2004

Miguel Mendez wrote:
. ..
So, is this a known problem. Is anybody successfully printing with
his/her USB printer? ISTR having success the last time I tried that some
months ago with an older version of DFly.
I just tested printing with an HP LaserJet 1010 (USB) yesterday with
the dfly-installer-rc2a.iso. The printer was correctly recognized at
bootup and I was able to send jobs to it after adjusting printcap. The
printer felt itself responsible for the job, nevertheless after
passing through the paper was white as before. Toner is full, file was
plaintext, worked on W98 before. That's probably more a
driver-specific thing not directly related to the OS.

/m