new loader + serial console

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 8 09:54:40 PDT 2004

:hey,
:
:FYI:
:
:New loader (installed with installworld)
:   + old boot2 (not disklabel -B'ed which installworld)
:   + connected serial cable (serial console on other side)
:gave me a non-booting setup.
:
:This is because loader got bogus input (because of wrong connection
:speed) and didn't autoboot any more.
:
:I don't know if it is fixed by installing boot2 or if putting -V into
:/boot.config fixed it; as chlamydia is a more or less important machine
:I don't want to experiment a lot.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    Ok.  If I get a chance I will try to test with old boot blocks
    and the new loader (all those old ISO's come in useful!), but we
    may just have to live with it for the first release.