3Com 3C575 trouble

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun Jul 4 19:03:55 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:43:55PM +0200, damien.chaumette at xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've talked with eirik on IRC, my 3c575 don't work under RC-1 snapshot.
>
> I've no network device other than lo0
> I can't find my card in `pciconf -lv` and that's weird...

If you have the sources, look for DRIVER_MODULE in dev/netif/xl/if_xl.c
and add the following line:
DRIVER_MODULE(if_xl, cardbus, xl_driver, xl_devclass, 0, 0);

This should help getting it detected. I know this is a hack and it has some
interesting side effect, but hopefully can get your card to work.

Joerg