Initial preview of pf for DragonFly available

sam samwun at hgcbroadband.com
Mon Jul 19 03:17:32 PDT 2004

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

hello,

I am proud to be able to announce a initial preview of pf4df.

This version was ported by Devon and me, using OpenBSD sources and
FreeBSD's version done by Max Laier.

This patch also includes other imported sources and patches; correct
attributions will be made once we get stable.

It should work out like this:

mkdir pf4df && cd pf4df
fetch http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/pf4df.diff.gz
gunzip pf4df.diff.gz
cvs -d /home/dcvs co -D 2004-07-15 -d sys src/sys
patch -p0 < pf4df.diff
ln -s i386/include sys/machine
cd contrib/pf/pfctl && make
cd ../../../sys/i386/conf
echo "options RANDOM_IP_ID" >> GENERIC && config GENERIC
cd ../../compile/GENERIC
make depend && make
make install && shutdown -r now

kldload pf
and play with pfctl
thanks for testing :)

cheers
  simon
PS:
you can also fetch an always-current diff by typing
cvs -z6 -d :pserver:anonymous at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/pf4df rdiff
-r DragonFly -r HEAD -u pf4df > pf4df.diff

or check the whole tree out by typing
cvs -z6 -d :pserver:anonymous at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/pf4df co pf4df
our development work can also be accessed at
<http://dragonfly.the-bofh.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=pf4df>
Hi Simon,

Is this patch compatible with FreeBSD 5.2 CURRENT?

sam