syscall-msg emulation layer help

Eirik Nygaard eirikn at kerneled.com
Mon Jul 19 03:01:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 08:49:47AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :Carlo "vl4d" Comin wrote:
> :
> :> is anyone already working on userapi?
> :
> :can someone consider to answer, please? :)
>
>     Hey, I only have 500 unread emails in my mailbox!
>
>     Nobody is working on this yet, but the concepts are pretty well
>     laid out.  Doing it right, however, is going to require both
>     userland and kernelland coding skills.
Sorry for the late reply, that is holiday without compter for you.
I am working on this, I have all the syscalls transformed into using int 0x81
instead of int 0x80 now. I have one minor problem left that I will hopfully deal
with today, and will then put up a patch.

I will come back with more information when it is actually working with the
current ASYNC support we have, which is the showstopper now.

--
Eirik Nygaard
eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx