Website

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Mon Jul 12 08:47:24 PDT 2004

Tim Wickberg wrote:

A few more suggestions:

* Move the bittorrent link up to the top, giving it more attention.

* Leave ftp.dragonflybsd.org off of the mirror list initially... if
slashdot does a front page post, your connection will be busy enough
handling page views, having people trying to download off of you won't
help. (Let the mirrors take the downloading stress, instead of your
T1. Even if your mirror is listed at the end, the typical ./'er will
decide to get it from the 'official' source, instead of the mirror
links.)

* post the md5 somewhere (this would have been nice for the mirrors
last night too ;)

-- Tim Wickberg
   me at xxxxxxxxxxx

I've a list of the MD5s of all ISOs in my repository at
dragonfly.The-BOFH.org.

We do definitely need to think about how to handle and organize mirrors
-- it was virtually impossible to download the 1.0REL from Matt's server
last night, and I know that with all 15 mirrors we have, that I still
should have gotten more than 4KB/s. :P No matter, we've got it now and
we're -RELEASE!

Time to party, gentlemen.

--Devon