Website

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Mon Jul 12 03:02:02 PDT 2004

I'd like to post a few suggestions to the website.

* Change the mainpage to a newspage.
 - I really think that people should see a more generic first-page, a
page with "about" would be more suitable for the current text that is at
the mainpage. How about some news instead? Not talking about a flood of
news aka some typical phpnuke site, but some informative simple text,
and just some news (for example about the new release).

* Change alot of the text at the download page

"There are several ways to install DragonFly on your computer. Some of
these methods require prior BSD experience with tools like disklabel or
boot0cfg, and we have no completed installation program at this point."

Well, we do have a installation program at this point now, don't we? :-)

"DragonFly CDs are 'live', meaning these CDs will boot your system and
let you log in as root (no password) and install to your IDE disk-based
system. Make sure you read the README file, as this is not an automated
installation."

Well, I dont think most people will install manually now that the
installer is in place.
IDE disk-based system? Well, dragon.BSDTech.com is all SCSI, and it got
installed from the nymphia iso a week ago :-)

"An installer program for DragonFly is in beta, based off of recent
DragonFly releases"

Well, it's now in base so perhaps the text should be changed so that
people will know where the home of the installer is rather where they
can get it. Perhaps on another page? I'm not really sure.

- Erik