SilverOS?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 10 18:07:08 PDT 2004

:Hi,
:
:Does anyone know what these guys are doing?
:
:http://www.crescentanchor.com/products/SilverOS/
:
:They say they're based off FreeBSD 4.x and "an early preview of the
:upcoming DragonFly 1.0 release", but I don't remember seeing anything
:on the list about it.
:
:cheers,
:;) james.

    I have no clue, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Anyone can
    copy our work, that's the point of the license (though they have to be
    careful of the GPL'd portion of the base system).  Whether someone would
    be able to make a real business out of it, e.g. by integrating other
    things and/or targeting a particular type of customer... well, that's
    another question entirely.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>