Installer RC2 w/ DragonFly RC2

Ivan Voras ivoras at geri.cc.fer.hr
Fri Jul 9 02:19:01 PDT 2004

Chris Pressey wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:22:45 +0200
Ivan Voras <ivoras at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This seems a very nice and mature release - I think it's ready for
1.0.
Some notes (non-critical):
- The twirling baton is a very nice touch :)
- The configure options at the end of the installation are nice. Not a
biggie, but if you have the time, could you please "predict" the home
directory for the user as "/home/$username"?

Doesn't it, if you leave it blank per the instructions on that form?
(Same thing applies to login group and uid IIRC.)
It doesn't. Maybe because I changed fields with up/down arrow keys
instead of Enter?

As you might have guessed, these sorts of changes are harder, because
they involve a change to the UI protocol, and they're implemented
differently (sometimes radically differently) in different UI frontends.
So we're delaying these sorts of changes until we can concentrate fully
Ok. No problem.

This is probably because: you created a swap subpartition on your new
system, the swap subpartition was mounted (swapon'ed) during the install
process (to help ensure that the installer doesn't run out of memory,)
and DragonFly doesn't yet support swapoff.
Maybe. It was before I was questioned about swap (I chose to ignore this
error, and then a popup dialog appeared about swap).