1.0-RC2 doesn't boot on T42p

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 7 09:30:59 PDT 2004

:RC2 doesn't boot on my T42p. It crashes (Page fault, Trap 12) after loading
:kernel, leaving critical section  and enabling interrupts :(.
:This also happens with acpi disabled.
:
:Any hints how to debug this crash? I have no serial in my laptop :(
:
:Best Regards,

    It sounds like you got a DDB> prompt, so what you need to do is
    write down the register information starting at the 'Page fault' line,
    e.g.:

fault virtual address   = ...
fault code              = ...
instruction pointer     =