Kernel compile returns error regarding SCSI emulation.

K. G. Suarez kgs245 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 31 00:40:38 PDT 2004

I installed DragonFly this afternoon and had spent most of the evening
waiting for the updating to finish. While running running "make
buildkernel KERNCONF=KOCHAVIT" I received an error. I don't remember
what it was (I wish I would have saved before going off to fix it.), but
I do remember what fixed it; I reedited my kernel config file and
commented out a line that enables SCSI emulation. I was able to finish
the build, install, and reboot. Everything seems to be working fine so
far. Does anyone know what could have caused the build error? What will
having disabled SCSI emulation do to my system's performance?

--
K. G. Suarez