Problems installing gnome/kde

Rui muppeto at clix.pt
Tue Jul 27 03:51:56 PDT 2004

Hi! Don't know if this is the place but here it goes:

While trying to pkg_add gnomedesktop (go.bsd packages)
docbook-xsl refuses to register ( has a bogus filename! )
the same for scrollkeeper.. even forcing installation
of all packages and dependecies, I end up with a broken gnome
( gnome-session is missin...)
for kde everithing goes fine while pkg_add'ing but
when I startx, it just doesn't start!:
NOTE:  ( ~/.xinitrc has "exec kdeinit" )

. ..
[me at dfbsd]# startx
_
(freezes here and I have to press Ctl-C)

fluxbox runs fine and i can start, for example,
konqueror without problems.
Thanks!