Installing DFly 1.0A on an old machine

Kaarthik Sivakumar kaarthik at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 20:04:26 PDT 2004

Hi folks

I would like to install DFly 1.0A on an old dual-Pentium II machine
that is all SCSI and cant boot from CD-ROM, only floppies. The
download page on http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/download.cgi only
lists ISOs and no floppy images. So is there a floppy image that is
not listed (and not well supported) or is there no way for me to get
this install going other than getting the FreeBSD 4.x install on
floppy and cvsuping from that? Any help appreciated.

(Well, even if the CD-ROM supported booting off of it, the webpage
says that the live CD only installs on IDE disks, so...)

I did check the archives and there was one mention of a person wanting
to do this but he also had an IDE disk. I think he installed FBSD 4.x
and cvsup-ed from that.

Thanks.

kaarthik