SMP support via ACPI

Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL" unix4all at gulic.org
Wed Jul 14 16:05:09 PDT 2004

Hi all:

First, thanks for this great work, It´s awesome.

Now, the suggestion, well, I have a Hyperthreading capable CPU (PIV),
one physical cpu, when I compile an SMP enabled kernel it freezes at the
beginning of the load with the "NO LOCAL APIC FOUND" error, I think it´s
because my MainBoard (Asus P4G8X Deluxe) don´t have MP Table, It wake up
the second logical cpu via ACPI.

I compile the kernel with "device acpica5" too and it don´t work.

I have similar problems with FreeBSD 4.x, but in 5.x (5.2 and onwards)
it works because the kernel can wake up with MP Table or ACPI Table.

Are there any work in progress on this subject ? Any workaround ?.

Thanks for all, and sorry for my bad english.

--
Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL"

Free/Open/Net/DragonFly BSD Powered User

http://unix4all.homeunix.org
signature.asc