usb printers

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Sun Jul 11 02:23:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've installed cups and proceeded to setup my Brother laserprinter as
usual (/dev/unlpt0).

The kernel (updated to RC2) seems to detect it fine when I turn it on:

Jul 11 11:15:18 scienide /kernel: ulpt0: Brother Industries product
0x001a, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
Jul 11 11:15:18 scienide /kernel: ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

But, whenever I attempt to print something, I get the "Printer not
ready" error, and any attempt to access /dev/u[n]lpt[01] returns a
"Device not configured" error.

So, is this a known problem. Is anybody successfully printing with
his/her USB printer? ISTR having success the last time I tried that some
months ago with an older version of DFly.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org

pgp00004.pgp