Heads Up: GCC 3.3 in base

esmith esmith at patmedia.net
Mon Jan 26 15:18:44 PST 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Thanks. I'll build it myself today or tomorrow and will adjust the
port accordingly.
Joerg
Afterwards, I did a full rebuild of DF with base gcc3, rebooted and it's
been running fine for a few days now. Strangely though, after reboot,
OpenOffice still worked perfectly, however, Mozilla applications (
firebird, thunderbird, mozilla ... "classic"? ) all failed for the same
reason ( sorry, I didn't write it down, looked like an unresolved
reference ) and refuse to rebuild, with configure complaining that the C
compiler is not producing output, though gcc is checked off as OK. I
haven't had time to investigate this.