Committing question

Jon Parise jon at indelible.org
Fri Jan 23 00:46:38 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:51:45AM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> >Out of curiosity, why this and not the add -kb option?
>
> Because now we've made it the default for the entire repository that
> PNGs should never be checked against an identifier.  With -kb you tag
> each file with a notion that it is binary.  And thus you need to do that
> on each and every file.  Kind of cumbersome.
> But yeah, -kb could've worked as well.

It might make sense to add entries to CVSROOT/cvswrappers for all of
the anticipated binary files, though.  That will hint cvs(1) to mark
them as -kb automagically.

Here's the list that I use on most of my CVS repositories:

    *.dia -k 'b'
    *.gif -k 'b'
    *.ico -k 'b'
    *.jpg -k 'b'
    *.mo -k 'b'
    *.png -k 'b'
    *.tar -k 'b'
    *.zip -k 'b'
    *.tgz -k 'b'

--
Jon Parise (jon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  ::  "Scientia est Potentia"