ISO Snapshots

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Fri Jan 16 11:32:41 PST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:18:22 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 06:49:57PM -0500, David Rhodus wrote:
> > Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> >
> > >I'll try to sort out the floppy issue, but having a CD-ROM drive
> > >will
> > >
> > >be a requirement. ATM I don't have the time to build a disk image
> > >for things like network installation. we might want to add that
> > >before release.
> > >

> > I don't think floppies are an issue worth spending a lot of time on
> > at this point.
> >
> > Do you need a CD-ROM drive Joerg ?
>
> No, but a BIOS w/o CD-ROM boot option. And that's an issue we should
> tackle. Basically just provide a kernel floppy as alternative to
> El-Torito CD boot.
>
> Joerg

I've been trying to evaluate http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/ for this
purpose, without much luck (as the CD-ROM drive that came with my old
test machine seems to have become completely inoperable since I put it
back in anyway.)

btmgr claims to be able to boot from CD-ROM, presumably independently of
any boot-from-CD-ROM support in the BIOS.  Might it help here?

-Chris