ISO Snapshots

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Thu Jan 15 14:33:37 PST 2004

Erik Paulsen Skaalerud wrote:

I see that corecode has updated his snapshot-builder to only make live

cd's.

Is it possible to have both live iso's and regular install iso's

aviable?

I kind of planned to install DragonFly on my workstation on a second

hdd,

but I wish to skip the FreeBSD 4.8->DragonFly jump, and I really want to
install via the regular way.

The live cd is considered the regular way for now. Do you have special
requirements for using the "classic" install CD?
Joerg

I dont think we should just drop the regular ISO's before we have an
installsystem for the livecd..

We did'nt just "drop" it. The kernel has become too large to fit onto
the floppies
that the regular `make release` users, so that means to have the older
`make release`
work again we'd have to re-work a lot of the older code which at this
time is point
less since we can do installs via the live ISO.

Well, I and alot of other users are used to install it the regular way. My
problem is that I'm not well enough experienced to use fdisk/label etc
manually, I only know how to install via regular sysinstall.

Well, type `more /README` when booting off the live-cd for now to get
install
docs. Were still a few months out from having an installer.

-DR