dfports snafu

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Jan 12 07:22:24 PST 2004

* David Rhodus (drhodus at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I've haven't tried to un-install X for a while but on a new clean
> install I just have to type
> make install about 3 or 4 times, each time after relpath get an error,
> but the port will build....
> Not that having it cleaned up would be a bad thing. :-)

Hm, maybe there should be some logic that tries relpath with ${PORTDIR}
first (whatever it's set to), and if that fails, tries the 'proper' ports
tree. Also, it might be smart to have overridden ports always look at
/usr/ports for dependancies _first_, and then fall back to the dfports.

It would entail mucking with the makefiles in /usr/share/mk.

Man, I'll be glad when we can throw dfports away. It's a big pain in the
a**.

Cheers,
Emiel