The Trolling on the freebsd- lists

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 6 05:34:46 PST 2004

Hola Miguel!

Como estas?

-On [20040106 11:22], Miguel Mendez (flynn at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Yet the goals are indeed different. DragonFly is about trying new stuff
>that would never make it into FreeBSD (VFS layer, Lightweight Kernel
>Threading, Message passing API, etc). FreeBSD is much more conservative
>in a lot of areas than DragonFly is. Also Bill Huei has made a good
>point about the ownership of kernel areas in FreeBSD, stuff others are
>not supposed to touch.

Definately. :)

I must say that the checkpointing, variable symbolic links, and the
message passing are pretty exciting stuff to have and we will continue
from there.

>I plan to benchmark both DragonFly and FreeBSD and will publish the
>results, even though after the recent trolling we've seen it might be a
>bit touchy subject.

Using Felix Leitner's stuff?  I already did some benchmarks a while ago.
I would be happy to work on this with you and make sure we test all the
interesting stuff.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost...