Audigy problems.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jan 24 13:53:04 PST 2004

:>     Ok, this is a real simple fix.  Your driver is calling malloc() without
:>     either the M_WAITOK or M_NOWAIT flags.  It must call malloc() with one
:>     or the other.  If it is not using either flag then add M_WAITOK to it.
:
:I know I'm being a bit of a butt-in-ski here, but wouldn't
:it be the safer, more backwards compatible path to make
:malloc() internally use the M_WAITOK logic if neither that
:flag or M_NOWAIT was explicitly set?  Otherwise isn't there
:always the risk that an incoming SW bundle will break upon
:entering DfBSD space? (Please ignore me if I'm wrong...)

    I'm a bit on the fence on this one... for a long time malloc() allowed
    its flags to move all over the place and M_WAITOK was defined to be 0
    (if I remember right), i.e. it was the default.  But that has resulted
    in a lot of confusion over time so I have a bent towards making it a
    required specification.  I really ought to add a KKASSERT() at the top
    of malloc().

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>