Optimal debug options for kernel config ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 22 16:46:11 PST 2004

:Was fooling around with adding more debugging elements to my dfly kernel
:which led me to wonder exactly what options are most desirable for testing in
:this phase of dfly ? By adding:
:+options                DEBUG_LOCKS
:+options                DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS
:+options                SIMPLELOCK_DEBUG
:+options                VFS_BIO_DEBUG
:+options                DEBUG_INTERRUPTS
:
:I locked the box at boot with the below. Overkill or useful ?

    Overkill I think.  I recommend:

    makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
    # Debugging for Development
    options         DDB
    options         INVARIANTS
    options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT