malloc(M_NOWAIT) issues.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jan 19 21:00:18 PST 2004

:Just a minor, but I'd come up with different names for the VM_ALLOC_*
:flags then. Esp. since VM_ALLOC_NORMAL has a different semantic then
:VM_ALLOC_SYSTEM and VM_ALLOC_INTERRUPT. Something to explicitly denote
:that VM_ALLOC_NORMAL will allow the use of cache pages:
:
:VM_ALLOC_STD_DRAIN	0x00
:VM_ALLOC_SYS_DRAIN	0x01
:VM_ALLOC_IRQ_DRAIN	0x02
:VM_ALLOC_FROM_CACHE	0x04
:VM_ALLOC_ZERO		0x08
:VM_ALLOC_RETRY		0x80	/* VM_ALLOC_FROM_CACHE must be set */

    This is probably a good idea.  I have something else bugging up
    my sleave that I need to clear my source tree for so I'm going
    to commit this code as it is now, but stew on the naming for a
    week and if it's still bugging you after a week email a patch set
    and we'll change it.

    I wanted to change M_NOWAIT too but over 300 files use M_NOWAIT and
    I didn't want to create that large a patch.