HEADS UP: CVS import

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jan 19 11:26:43 PST 2004

:
:-On [20040119 18:42], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>    -R and -g support is fairly critical too.   -R, -g, diff -j,
:>    CVSHeader ($DragonFly$ tags support!), Template, etc...
:>
:>    Actually, all the freebsd-specific changes to the base cvs dist are
:>    important.  We use all of them.
:
:Shall I just import 1.12.5 then?  It has most of the FreeBSD extensions
:as well as some new features which should help us a bit (and the rest I
:can reapply to the base source):

    Yes, I think at this point bringing in 1.12.5, then going from there,
    is the best solution.

:* Experimental support for Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) has
:  been added, though it is not compiled by default.  If you like this
:  feature (or don't), please send us feedback.  See the Cederqvist,
:  `./configure --help', and the INSTALL file for more.

    Ick.  Please, no!  :-) :-)

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:* New LocalKeyword and KeywordExpand options to CVSROOT/config which
:  FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD users may find familiar as the "tag" and
:  "tagexpand" options used for many years. The CVSHeader keyword has
:  also been added to the mixture.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono
:PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
:http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
:Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...