CFLAGS?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 16 12:29:38 PST 2004

:I was inder the impression that setting CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf only
:alter the way userland & applications are compiled, but now, looking at
:a fresh new FreeBSD 5.2, I see that it uses my CFLAGS in compiling at
:least some of the modules. Was that changed in FreeBSD 5? How does
:DragonFly handle it?

    Modules can be built outside the kernel framework so I think
    make.conf does effect them.  I don't recall what FreeBSD-5 finally
    decided to do but what we probably should do is have a different
    make variable that applies only to modules for make.conf, e.g.
    like MODULES_CFLAGS or something like that.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>