Junior kernel hacking

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Wed Jan 14 12:48:52 PST 2004

Max Laier wrote:

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 17:47, Ivan Voras wrote:

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

Benchmarking will be useful soon.  DragonFly-specific technologies like
How soon is soon? I'm thinking of benchmarking FreeBSD 4.9, 5.2, DF,
Linux/2.4 & Linux2.6 on a "spare" machine, but it won't be spare for
long. (The plan is to use: bytebench, bonnie++, postgresql, and a web
CMS application).

You might want to take a look here: http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/ (which
has gone through the various lists a while back).

Yes, I know it, and my test (when I actually get to it) is inspired by
it, only with more real-world performance in mind.