Junior kernel hacking

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jan 13 20:55:43 PST 2004

There's lots of non-kernel things to do:

- Pick a given feature on another BSD site, like man pages or mailing
list archives - we need it.  (I'm working on the mailing list archives)

- New design ideas for the dragonflybsd site can't hurt.

- More articles for the new Documentation section of the website.
Benchmarking will be useful soon.  DragonFly-specific technologies like
varsyms and checkpointing could use more explanation (and fanfare) than
an associated man page.

- Building a "Handbook" style section would probably be useful.  There's
a lot of user-level similarities between DragonFly and FreeBSD and other
BSDs, and that won't change soon.  Having a user base catching up to
your level of documentation is better then vice versa.