syncing disks...

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jan 12 11:50:34 PST 2004

:Hi,
:
:I just installed DragonFly on a free slice and now after a new
:world/kernel I get this error when rebooting:
:
:  dfly# reboot
:  Jboot() called on cpu#0
:  Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread vnlru to stop...stopped
:  Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread bufdaemon to stop...stopped
:  Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread syncer to stop...stopped
:
:  syncing disks... 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
:  giving up on 3 buffers
:  Uptime: 1m54s
:
:Any idea? This is a SMP system.
:
:On the other hand I had to remove the 'options USER_LDT' from my
:config file. Is this option not supported or is it implicit?
:
:Jean-Marc
:
:--
:Jean-Marc Zucconi -- PGP Key: finger jmz at xxxxxxxxxxx [KeyID: 400B38E9]

    I expect issues like this are going to come up occassionally.  I do
    not think they are serious (yet), but it should be possible to
    ctl-alt-esc into DDB and get a crash dump and then track down why
    the buffer cannot be flushed.

    Usually such buffers are related to a CD, MFS, or NFS mount.  I
    do not know if that is the case here.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>