Spam issues in DFly lists

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 23 17:38:27 PST 2004

:>   If you get a bounce due to this, you should be able to send mail
:>   by pointing your SMTP to your ISP's SMTP server instead of
:>   trying to make direct connections to the target domain.
:
:Ugh. Some of us actually have ISP's whos amateurs. I like to run my own
:mailservers, but my ADSL here at home will be blocked by your filter, and my
:primary mailserver who retrieves mail for me doesnt have a reverse host.
:
:I'll guess I have to use something like mailreader.com from now on then.
:
:Erik.

    Leaf accounts are available on request, and you could read and/or
    respond to list mail there.  There are other possibilities too...
    I might be able to modify sendmail to allow emails with From: addresses
    that have been registered on the bestserv lists, for example.  In fact,
    I'm sure I could.

    Generally speaking, though, you are going to find more and more
    destinations rejecting you and your ISPs email as time goes on and the
    spam problem gets worse.  Just as an example, without the spam filter
    my personal email address gets 150-200 spams a day.  With the filter it
    gets maybe 10.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>