Committing question

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 23 11:52:34 PST 2004

:>
:> Because now we've made it the default for the entire repository that
:> PNGs should never be checked against an identifier.  With -kb you tag
:> each file with a notion that it is binary.  And thus you need to do that
:> on each and every file.  Kind of cumbersome.
:> But yeah, -kb could've worked as well.
:
:It might make sense to add entries to CVSROOT/cvswrappers for all of
:the anticipated binary files, though.  That will hint cvs(1) to mark
:them as -kb automagically.
:
:Here's the list that I use on most of my CVS repositories:
:...
:Jon Parise (jon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  ::  "Scientia est Potentia"

    I think that's fine for personal use, but for the DragonFly repository
    I would prefer that we not preemptively add suffixes until we actually
    need them.  Otherwise we end up with a mess of suffixes that aren't in
    the tree and that future developers wind up scratching the heads over
    saying "what are these for?".

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>