(maybe a little OT) OpenGL, DRI and GLX questionlet

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Sun Jan 25 19:27:49 PST 2004

Hi list,

This might be a bit off topic for this list, but I don't know where else
to post this. Since we don't have a ports group (yet), and this is not
really a bug (more an inconvenience I'm trying to solve), I'd figure I'd
just post it here. Most eyes are on this list, anyway.

My Nvidia override port has a slight problem. When I start X, it
blathers the following:

dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so: Undefined symbol "ErrorF"
(EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so

Which of course means: No GLX, so no DRI, which in turn means no OpenGL,
so playing frozen bubble is out of the question :)

Anyway,

I've been searching _everywhere_ for where this symbol is defined. I even
wrote a small dirty hack that uses dlopen and dlsym to check if a symbol
exists in a dll to facilitate grepping and stuff. To no avail of course.
Also, maybe worth noting is that all the extensions and modules in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/ are mainly .a files.

So, does anyone have a clue? If I can get this fixed, we can have
accelerated OpenGL for nvidia in X. Now all we have is accelerated 2D and
XRENDER, which is nice, but it's not enough :)

Cheers,
Emiel