Contrib update policy

Craig Dooley craig at xlnx-x.net
Tue Jan 20 11:58:51 PST 2004

Now that gcc3 is coming into the tree, what is the plan for handling contrib
software?  We could patch anything that breaks, but would it make sense to
one time update anything that breaks to the newest version until the packaging
system takes over?  One notable package I remember breaking is AMD.  Would
patches be accepted to update contrib software to help bring buildworld closer
to working with gcc3?

-Craig