HEAD'S UP on ACPI work

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Sat Feb 21 08:32:28 PST 2004

On Feb 21, 2004, at 2:10 AM, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    The acpica5 code will build, but the module will NOT yet load.  I
have
    a bunch more work to do before the module will work properly.  I
need
    to separate the APIC code from the SMP code so APIC support can be
    built without SMP support, I need to make SMP builds work on UP
    machines rather then panic, and I need to deal with the ACPICA
module's
    interactions with the APIC.  I probably also have to bring in a
bit more
    of the FreeBSD-5 PCI bus code.
Your talking about adding in the code to populate the MPTable via ACPI
I take it ?
What exactlly are the plans for this then since it opens up a lot of
options ?

-DR