ed1 mistakenly known as wi0 (Was: Re: Heads up: NEWCARD is coming)

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Feb 12 08:12:41 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:14:14PM +0100, Toma? Bor?tnar wrote:
> Had to manually fix it, but it did not help:
>
> when I insert the card (Synergy Ne2000 compatible thing) I get this:
>
> ep0: eeprom failed to come ready
> ep0: eeprom failed to come ready
> ep0: eeprom failed to come ready
> ep0: eeprom failed to come ready
> ep0: Unit failed to come ready or product ID unknown! (id 0x0)
> ex0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 10 function 0 config 32 on pccard0
> panic: ifmedia_set
> Debugger("panic")
> Stopped at Debugger+0x34: movb $0,in_Debugger.342
> db>

An updated version of the patch I sent you yesterday in private is
at ftp://82.144.62.50/if_ed.diff
Please apply the patch, remove all unneeded device (esp. nics) from
GENERIC, comment out the ata-card.c in conf/files and try again.
Other option would be to stick to pcic instead of cbb/cardbus for the
moment. I'd like to here feedback for the patch anyways.

Joerg