lkwt in DragonFly

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Feb 11 18:17:56 PST 2004

om>

Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :idem for linux, see: http://people.redhat.com/drepper/nptl-design.pdf
> :the short summary is that fixing your kernel to work nicely with 1:1
> :is easier then getting the hairy details of n:m properly working.

I would like to point out that FreeBSD 5 has its M:N implementation pretty
worked out by now and it was:
1 persom part time for 2 year
2 people part time for 2 years

Considerrring that it was very "part time" at times,
that's not a lot, and given what we learned,
it would take DF a lot less time to implement something similar.
(especially with people working Full time (TM) on it :-)