time to kill

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Feb 7 17:49:16 PST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 02:12, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> R. E. Ceiver wrote:
> > hi dudes,
> >
> > i'm a bit uncomfortable writing to this list since it's called
> > kernel, but dragonflybsd.org says its for common stuff, so the
> > message goes here. i'm, lets say intermediate experienced with bsd,
> > but the only thing i did over the last 5 years was linux. i messed
> > some time with openbsd meanwhile. as far as i can see, dragonfly
> > heads towards a sophisticated improvement of bsd4.4 and successors.
> > should you need anybody for non-coding stuff at the moment; - i got a
> > bit of time to kill. drop me a mail.
> >
> > keep up the cool work
> > markus
>
> 	Hi Markus,
>
> 	For non-coding stuff, I think a good place to start would be
> 	to keep the online manual pages in check, and stuff like that
> 	would be good.  I am running out of ideas at the moment,
> 	hopefully others can fill in what I missed here. ;-)
>
> 		-- Hiten

I can only extend the idea: Start a documentation project: Write HowTos,
keep the man-pages up2date, write new man-pages (this might require some
basic code skills) ...

Use DragonFly consciously! Play around with as many things as you can. If
something seems strange or is not working as excepted, investigate! That
will benefit both, you - as it builds your *BSD knowledge - and DragonFly
- as we can only fix issues we are aware of ... learn how to write a good
PR and keep an eye on the problems already discussed in order to make
valueable reports.

--
Best regards,				| max at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661