HEADS UP ON GCC3 - __FreeBSD__ no longer defined Note that __FreeBSD__ is no longer defined when you run gcc3.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 4 11:36:19 PST 2004

:Matt,
:
:world now builds, I used the same method you did for the contrib stuff,
:and the stuff that depended on kernel files, with your permission I
:would like to go ahead and start on the kernel.
:
:Rob

    Go for it, Rob.  Leave the -fformat-extensions junk alone for now (just
    stop using the option for kernel builds temporarily), I'll fix it when
    I get back.  I have the freebsd patch set narrowed down for it and just
    have to incorporate it into the /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin build rather then
    in the contrib/ code.  But it's open season on everything else!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>