Source tarballs?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Feb 22 05:36:57 PST 2004

On 21.02.2004, at 17:37, Erik Paulsen Skaalerud wrote:
    Also, the sources in the tar are going to become obsolete almost
    instantly, requiring daily regeneration.  This is in contrast to
the
    ISO images for which it is not really necessary to do a daily
    regeneration.
    Putting them on the CD is also not a good idea (just in case
someone
    brings that up as an idea).  It bloats the CD, the sources become
    obsolete almost instantly, and they present a release-management
bloat
    issue as well making it difficult to manage the CD release builds.
Arent we already building daily LiveCD's? Providing a source snapshot
with these wouldnt be bloat, but it might be on a full release CD.
I don't agree here. The live ISO snapshots are a way to get it going in
a fast way. But then, adding the sources will double the image. If
somebody wants to update to latest HEAD, use cvsup.

cheers
  simon
--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate