Plushie Fred?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Feb 15 18:19:43 PST 2004

On 16.02.2004, at 00:52, David Cuthbert wrote:

Is the success of an open source OS directly proportional to the
amount of mascot-related mechandise available?  Or do I have the
causality backwards?

At any rate... just wondering if there's any interest in a plush Fred
doll.  I happened to come across one site [1] that does such stuff,
but I'm sure there are others which others may have had experience
with. Anyone know what's required for something like this, aside from
pushing a few thousand $ at a manufacturer and hoping that people buy
them?
There was some talk about this several months ago. I'm too tired to
look into the archives but there already was some finished prototype
and stuff...

cheers
  simon
--