Heads up: NEWCARD is coming

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Feb 15 17:53:27 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Both Silicom cards are dc0 under FreeBSD 5.x. 10Mbps dc card works out
:of the box while 100Mbps card has problems with auto detection of media.
:  If I manually set it to 100Mbps full-duplex it works fine. Without
:that it does not discover link.
:
:3Com card is xl0 device.
:
:I will happily test any patches if needed.
:
:Thanks!
:
:Tomaz

    DCx cards will probably always have problems with auto-detection of
    media.  It was broken from day one and it doesn't look like the vendor
    ever fixed it.  I would stay away from that chipset.
	Well, I have a dc driver update target on my ToDo list.  If I
	get some time this week, I will bring in the various driver
	fixes that were made in RELENG_4 and CURRENT into DragonFly.
	Regards,

		-- Hiten